Online tools vs Mac applications. That is what you are facing when working on PDF files. The kind of editing you wish to implement in a PDF file is heavily determined on the resource at hand. Online resources are the most common due to the easy access and user-friendly nature, however PDF editor software is where most professional projects take place.
This article will go over two of the top and current PDF editors in the marketplace for the Mac. Quality is paramount when it comes to the success of businesses and utilizing Mac software for PDF files is a big win. Surrounding oneself with the right equipment and tools, especially as a businessman, will elevate you to the next level or at least prepare you for it.
Two Amazing Options:
The two fantastic options Mac PDF editor applications for the macOS are as follows, the PDFelement and the PDFpen. The PDFelement, which supports the macOS Sierra, comes at a fair price of $99.95. The PDFpen also supports macOS Sierra and is listed for only $74.95. Both software are exclusively for the Mac and there will be a short summary of the benefits below.
Online Resources or Mac Software?
Online tools should be used when working in a time-crunch and a few unimportant PDF files. You can find free PDF editing tools online, simply type into Google, “free online PDF editor.” Once you visit a site, make sure to add the PDF file and you will be ready.
Whenever your PDF files hold sensitive information and you wish to be more professional with your business, then using an application such as Preview would be satisfactory. Preview is hard-coded and comes with the macOS and gives you the ability to conduct basic tasks such as editing images. Adobe Acrobat is an option when it comes to editing PDF documents, however, the price is too high. The PDF software mentioned earlier have most of the functions of Adobe Acrobat and cost less.
Down below is some criteria for considering the best software to use for PDF editing using Macs. This is not a full-proof way of making conclusions, but it is extremely helpful in making informed business decisions.
- Security: virus and malware of any kind are not permitted at all when implementing new software. Even though Macs are more reliable than Windows PCs in terms of security, there still are some issues with the Mac OS X. There is no point in downloading something that can infect and harm your PC.
- Editing Features: the software should be capable of simple tasks such as adding/removing pages, form filling, annotation, highlighting and more. It should also be able to handle more complex tasks such as, creating links, adding passwords, changing PDF format, and so on.
- OCR Compatibility : The PDF editor should support OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology because it gives you the ability to edit texts and graphs that were previously scanned.
- Screen Layout: Having an efficient experience browsing the tools and resources is an important aspect to using PDF editing software.
- OS X Compatibility : Software that can operate on the most recent macOS Sierra and access versions from the past is a must have. Without this potential, then the software is simply not worth the money and time.
- Help/Support: Customer support is expected nowadays, especially when paying higher rates. Being able to ask as many questions you want and receive a reply within a timely manner is crucial for the success of any service/product.
The products listed above are the best options as of 2017 and should be given a chance.